Search the forum,

Discuss External exp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

Got one to fit tomorrow , boiler it's self is in a coal bunker under stairs but only accessible from outside , I'm not messing with the old one so am thinking of just teeing into return pipe on other side of wall which is still under stairs but accessible form inside.

whats your thoughts

Ive done the exact same thing, i just printed out a sticky label saying expansion vessel located inside.

putting it anywhere on the return would work does not matter if the old ones left in

I have done the same which was much cheaper tho been told to cap the old ones 2 I have done the rest unable to cap

ive used a radiator in the past just drained one in a room they never used and shut one side

Ive done shed loads much easier than taking the boiler off the wall

i normally try cap them but some i cant get fittings on them is there a yes or no to this

Won't make any difference if the old one is left. It will just be a volume of water. It might leak eventually tho.

Won't make any difference if the old one is left. It will just be a volume of water. It might leak eventually tho.

Cheers Tam, it appears the vessel on the boiler in my caravan is away, it's a Worcester junior 24 and apparently a pig to change so if it isn't under warranty I will fit an external one as it's in a cupboard, will check with Worcester what size I need, haha a wee bit of real work for me

I have thought about stripping the boiler out, but Tbh as it's in a cupboard an external one is the way forward haha, I'm not covered for LPG so removing the boiler isn't an option

Cheers Tam, it appears the vessel on the boiler in my caravan is away, it's a Worcester junior 24 and apparently a pig to change so if it isn't under warranty I will fit an external one as it's in a cupboard, will check with Worcester what size I need, haha a wee bit of real work for me
mind your fingers

mind your fingers

Haha, check out what I done with a junior hacksaw on Tuesday, my thumb will be reporting me to social services if this keeps up

eby7uhez.jpg

You checked it doesn't just need pumping up Kirk? Those junior ones go flat often but just need a recharge.

You checked it doesn't just need pumping up Kirk? Those junior ones go flat often but just need a recharge.

Yes, there's water at the valve, but on the bright side, the caravan park have said they will get their gas contractor to fix it under warranty, so I don't need to bother :)

that will stain the leather in your nice cars :), but hasnt wrecked ur sex life :)

Just got the jag back from the dealer, a turbo sensor had failed and it ran on restricted performance, wasn't happy, but it's sorted now and me and the two boys had a wee blast in it tonight, it's back to the right performance now, it's a diesel but a 3L and 250odd BHP so it' can go a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to External exp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock