Search the forum,

Discuss Energy efficiency of pumps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi. Just looking for some info on replacement of heating pumps in systems, where not fitted inside boiler. What is legally allowed to be fitted as replacement? I am seeing some weird and not so wonderful replacement pumps fitted in systems. Looks as if they are cheap rubbish internet purchases. Are these legal in regard of the European Directive and Building Regulations etc?

Good question. A lot of pumps are still available over here that are not A rated, but are B rated.
They are very similar looking to old Grundfoss design and often colour.
Frankly not good quality and can partially fail to pump properly, or noisy or pack in completely.
But there are a few really good pumps about and for very little money. I know given the choice between a more energy efficient pump that will likely not last long and a B rated pump of half the price that might last years, which I would want.
Answer is you must fit A rated on all new work, but I am not sure about replacing pumps, if it is allowed to use standard pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Energy efficiency of pumps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the Government in the UK needs to do more to make green energy heat pumps and other green central heating options more affordable for the UK customers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock