Search the forum,

Discuss Energy efficiency of pumps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi. Just looking for some info on replacement of heating pumps in systems, where not fitted inside boiler. What is legally allowed to be fitted as replacement? I am seeing some weird and not so wonderful replacement pumps fitted in systems. Looks as if they are cheap rubbish internet purchases. Are these legal in regard of the European Directive and Building Regulations etc?

Good question. A lot of pumps are still available over here that are not A rated, but are B rated.
They are very similar looking to old Grundfoss design and often colour.
Frankly not good quality and can partially fail to pump properly, or noisy or pack in completely.
But there are a few really good pumps about and for very little money. I know given the choice between a more energy efficient pump that will likely not last long and a B rated pump of half the price that might last years, which I would want.
Answer is you must fit A rated on all new work, but I am not sure about replacing pumps, if it is allowed to use standard pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Energy efficiency of pumps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock