Search the forum,

Discuss Employers Liability Insurance in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

RoryD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A colleague is forming a new company but is having a devil of a time finding quotes for Employers Liability Insurance. To rephrase, the quotes are there but it appears not without taking a"small Mortgage out". Hearing the figures are quite unnerving. If anyone can offer advice on realistic prices or can relate their experiences I would be grateful. He has public liability Insurance sorted, it's just this particular requirement to prevent himself being sued if someone cracks his nails or something!

How many employees does he have?
How many employees does he have?
My understanding is that as he's employing contractors, it covers any number and specifically any claiming contractor at the point of a claim.
[automerge]1587114538[/automerge]
Thanks very much for the input chaps, there's enough for him to be getting on with there. Hope to give some feedback.

If they're properly self employed then he shouldn't need "eli" but he may need to deal with "cis" - it's easier to get your accountant to do this, it's a minefield, (unless he's "doing a Pimlico" and calling his guys self employed when they may not be... ) he should be getting this advise from his own employment consultants imo.
Towergate insurance- my 2p

Contractors should have their own insurance.
The trick comes when there's a claim. Who is liable?

Obviously the company who is contracted to do the works.
But if that company uses contractors, then the contractors are technically liable.

If there is a claim, the customer sues the company they contracted to do the works, which then sues the contractor doing the works.

Minefield???
Usually the company that is contracted by the customer loses out.
That may be why the premiums are high.

The only real way out is to have the sub contractors provide full quotations for the works they perform.
Then you have as a contractor, a legitimate path to sue your sub-contractor.

Reply to Employers Liability Insurance in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, So something may be slightly different to the usual posts and looking for some advise or whether anyone has been in a similar predicament and how have you overcome it. I’m a wife of a heating engineer - who has recently started out full time (2 years ago self employed 15 years...
Replies
Views
R
know any thing about this set up Lee? https://www.uka247.com/public got this email and something dosnt look right especially on monetry terms.... Urgent – We are seeking a reliable quality repairer in your area- can you help? UKAssistance247 provide services to the Insurance and Property...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
STEVEN BAILEY Dear sir/madam I’m currently studying an nvq2 plumbing course. Just passed the wregs exam (waiting on the card coming in the post) . I have 5 weeks left on the course which will qualify me as an nvq2 plumber. Looking to get some experience along side qualified tradesman like your...
Replies
Views
R
cant find the other thread but heres an email i got today, only recieved this one cheeky sods. anyway, BEWARE SCAM!!!! Good Afternoon, This email is a FINAL REMINDER to advise that new applications for the below contract will not be accepted after Thursday the 15th of September at 5pm. We...
Replies
Views
Newly self employed plumber available for work whether it be a ongoing contract or just a extra pair of hands on bigger jobs. I'm based in maidstone in kent but am willing to travel. Own van, tools and public liability insurance cscs card bpec unvented card wras nvq 2&3 served 2 year...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock