Discuss Efficiency difference between Sealed system and Open vented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdigrey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Does anyone know the difference in efficiency in percentage terms between a Sealed system and an open vented one please . Or can direct me to the info on the internet .
I know that a sealed system IS more efficient than an open vented one because water under pressure heats up quicker , but how much more efficient I dont know .
The reason I ask is this , I have a customer who has a 5 bedroomed house that has recently been built and they have an Oil boiler 26-32 kw ( it is NOT a System boiler , but an ordinary one with an expansion vessel etc added ) that heats the ground floor with U/F and the 1st floor ordinary rads . The DHW is via a 300 litre unvented cylinder with secondary circulation ( they have 2 bathrooms and I think 3 Ensuites .)
We did not do the plumbing , but because we are used to installing Multi fuelled stoves with back boilers and doing ' Link-Up ' systems they have asked us if we can install one for them , as they have a lot of free wood . If we take on the job we would probably install it via an H2 panel , BUT that would mean changing the heating system from sealed to open vented .
They want to be able to run the stove alone sometimes and just heat about 3 -4 rooms and not have to run the oil boiler .
If we dont do a link up system they will just have a Dry - backed Stove , but I dont know what to advise them to do .
Sorry for the long post , I would be gratefull for your thoughts , Cheers .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Efficiency difference between Sealed system and Open vented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
P
I am having a new system boiler to replace very old cast iron open vented jobbie. heating engineer has offered an S plan system and a Main eco...
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
Morning All, I have 1800’s farm house 3 storeys. Have a single floor side extension. The ground floor single storey extension houses Worcester...
Replies
Views
C
I’ve had an Ideal Vogue 32max/gen2 system boiler to a Megaflo fitted a week and running it at Flow temp 73 degrees to getting a return temp of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock