Search the forum,

Discuss Dudley Turbo Edge problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Turbo Edge recently fitted to a close coupled wc.
The configuration on the syphon is all 3 white plastic plugs closed together with the rear mono flush removed and fitted within the main syphon.
The water level within the cistern is at the syphon marked water level.
My problem is when flushed sometimes I do not get a full maximum flush where perhaps under a quarter of the the cistern remains.
Would you have any suggestion how to have maximum flush all the time?

Where the cistern lever attaches to the siphon there’s a c clip and a washer this is seated fully as I’ve had it before it doesn’t seal and breaks the vacuum

This is a dual flush syphon. For a full flush you operate the handle and release it, for a reduced flush you operate the handle and hold it down.
Sounds like it could be working as it should?

Ironically. Ive had that same issue today with a new turbo edge. It seems to empty half the cistern, starts to gurgle and then starts refilling. I took out some of the white caps and that didn’t make much difference either. I also made sure that the thread on the syphon had been cut down as it was a close coupled toilet. Diaphragm was fine as it was brand new. Puzzled

Ironically. Ive had that same issue today with a new turbo edge. It seems to empty half the cistern, starts to gurgle and then starts refilling. I took out some of the white caps and that didn’t make much difference either. I also made sure that the thread on the syphon had been cut down as it was a close coupled toilet. Diaphragm was fine as it was brand new. Puzzled
Post 2 mate

Where the cistern lever attaches to the siphon there’s a c clip and a washer this is seated fully as I’ve had it before it doesn’t seal and breaks the vacuum

Remove the handle bet it flushed fine

Remove the handle bet it flushed fine
It did flush fine without the handle but I couldn’t for life of me work out why. So the clip and washer on the yellow arm should stay down on top of the syphon?

It did flush fine without the handle but I couldn’t for life of me work out why. So the clip and washer on the yellow arm should stay down on top of the syphon?

Yes try putting another washer with the existing one on the yellow pin that the c clip goes on

My syphon had been installed slightly out of alignment and meant the cistern handle wasn’t 100 parallel with syphon.The introduction of washers to make a good seal proved to work.
If needs be I’ll send you a photo of the washer arrangement which may help.

My syphon had been installed slightly out of alignment and meant the cistern handle wasn’t 100 parallel with syphon.The introduction of washers to make a good seal proved to work.
If needs be I’ll send you a photo of the washer arrangement which may help.
Oh ok. Mine was slightly out of line if I remember rightly. That would be great if you have one thanks.

Reply to Dudley Turbo Edge problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock