Discuss Drilling holes in bath for taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Curlyworld

Hello

I have to drill some holes for a mixer tap in a plastic bath, which is a first for me. I have only got a bog standard hole drill set. Does anyone have any advice for doing this job?

place masking tape around the area you are drilling
start slow and keep your nerve and a steady hand and it will be fine
not too much pressure let the teeth do the work and remember to ease off when nearly through

Many thanks for the advice. Don't suppose you know what the measurement between the centres of the holes should be on a standard bath?

It depends - best to measure the taps when you have them.

Also, when drilling, as said above, slow and steady. For the first hole you can use a tiny drill bit (around 2mm) as this will help keep the tip of a larger drill bit straight and prevent slipping. It also gives you the opportunity to measure again and make another hole if one of the first ones is in the wrong place.

Followed your advice but first did a test run on a bit of wood to make sure my centres were right. All went perfectly, thanks peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drilling holes in bath for taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock