Search the forum,

Discuss Draught free vents in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooly89

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys

Quick question, I am wondering where the best place to get appliance vents with draught restrictors in is?

I have a open flued boiler I need to install vents for Hi is 106cm2 free area & Low 212cm2 free area. the customer is concerned about draught and security issues... :banghead:

Cheers

Pooly

If the appliance requires high and low vent then it is going into a compartment I would
assume.

Is the customer going to dwell in the compartment?

A room does not require high and low vents, just combustion ventilation.

A 'Black Hole' core vent with anti draught screen would usually suffice.

it is in a compartment in the kitchen with a slat door so surely this would be treated as "venting via a room" and means I would need a high and low vent?

From my CITB G1 Gas Safety book:

' Where louvred doors provide ventilation then the total area measured across
the minimum dimension of the slots should not be less than the sum of the
required high and low level requirements.'

Additional high and low vents not required but of course permanent combustion
air vent will be required into the room containing the compartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Draught free vents in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock