• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Does this trap look right? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Wolfylee

Hi Folks,

Could you help please, I've had a new wet room installed with what I think is a McAlpine trap but there it looks to me like there is a part missing - there appears to be a gap where hair and scum and grunge can and is building up and I don't see how it can be cleaned very easily.

Is there a piece missing do you think, like the one in the attached exploded view of the trap?

Any help would be very much appreciated before I accept the job as finished.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
I think the part you have mentioned is for installers to prevent anything falling down, such as broken tile, adhesive etc. You should have the grille part, do you?

Wolfylee

I think the part you have mentioned is for installers to prevent anything falling down, such as broken tile, adhesive etc. You should have the grille part, do you?
I have the grill - it just seems like there must be a seal or something missing as I can't see how anyone would design a trap which has crevices and holes that can catch crud and can't easily be cleaned. I can see all that crud through the grate, it looks minging and it's a few weeks old.

Reply to Does this trap look right? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net