Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Does combi boiler need an external pump or not? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

K

Krzysztof

My conventional boiler needs to be replaced. One engineer suggested combi with an external pump because water pressure in my flat is low, the other said there's no need for a pump. He even said that if the pump would have a detrimental effect on the boiler. Who is right?

What’s the water pressure and flow rate of the cold mains ?

One of the engineers checked and said it's 2 bars cold water, flow 4l per minute.

Not enough for a combi or unvented what water main do you have eg is it a blue one or an old lead / steel pipe one ?

I can’t believe it’s only 4 lpm, was that measured at a tap which has a flow restrictor?
Try measuring it from where the dishwasher or washing machine are connected.

Reply to Does combi boiler need an external pump or not? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock