Discuss dodgy customer trying to make a false claim in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

water tech

:mad:hiya guys wondering if anybody had any advise. basicly i had finished an instal but was unfortunate to have a slight leak on the cold feed to to basin under the floor.

leak found straight away, little drip through light fitting, leak fixed, customer happy problem solved. until 3 months later i recieve a claim from their insurance compant claiming 1200.00 of damage, dismayed. what can i do

BEND-OVER young man, i think you are being used.
possibly for a fraudulant claim,
call their bluff and get to inspect just what the claim is for and for what dammage.
£1,200 seems a lot for a small leak unless the stienaway baby grand was directly beneath the 100gallon flood?.
offer to repair f.o.c if refused tell them to b.o.g.o.f.

£1200 for a Steinway? Quick Google search produced a 7 year old one for £11,000 and priced to nearly £100,000 for others!!

As for the claim, if I was paying the insurance company I'd demand all the receipts to make sure I wasn't being taken for a ride.

In this case it seems the repairs would be around 1/2 day for electrician 1/2 day for plasterer and a day for a decorator so around £300 labour in all, then the cost of the light fitting. On the other hand if it was only a small hole requiring some paint and filler then this would cost about £50 for a local handyman.

Hope you find everyone here on your side Water Tech. At some stage or other most of us have experienced something similar and are able to correct things without insurance companies being involved.

we all get this at some point,ask for a full report from their insurence company first,ask why so long between accident and claim,if as you say it was a tiny leak and a small hole ask for assesors photos most insurence company assesors take photos of damage,get a camera and photo any damage you cause in future.good luck.

cheers guys for the support and rapid replies will keep you up to date. still can not believe it. 100% a lick of paint would have resolved issue.

You can not just paint a Steinway,the keys stick together and you end up with music like elton john signs and also you can not get lid up when paint drys :D

Sometimes when I tinkle on the ivories it sounds as if someone's painted the keys together. Mind you, if I washed my hands after a day's work that would probably help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dodgy customer trying to make a false claim in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock