Discuss Difference between Met1 and Met2 ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shuaib

:rolleyes4: Hi, does anyone know the difference between Met1 and Met2, and will I be able to install meters with a Met2 qualification . Thanks in advance. ( newly qualified ) images.jpg

think one was an updated element but for some reason it didnt go through, therefore we still have both and people can do either

thats what i was told anyway

bpec have changed their paperwork, originally MET 1 was for domestic meters and MET 2 was for commercial, last year they changed he name of the domestic paper to MET 2, but it was still only for the domestic guys, confusing or what? once completed we tick the MET1 box on the assessors paperwork so that the guy gets a domestic ticket, nothing like making things simple, so to the OP i suggest you check with the certification body you intend to use and make sure they know you weant the domestic ticket, once you have it you will be allowed to alter existing meters fitted internally as part of a kitchen refit etc, but you still need to be registered with the supplier or transporter as a certified person (cant remember the exact phrase, its mentioned in BS6400 for meters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Difference between Met1 and Met2 ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi guys, any meter installers about? im looking to complete a course to get CCN1 qualified and met1 qualified so I can look at becoming a smart...
Replies
Views
How do I decipher Wilo pump numbers? As an example what is the difference between a WILO ST 20/6-3 P and a WILO ST 20/7-3 C or a WILO ST 25/7-3 P...
Replies
Views
Hi I am a newly qualified gas engineer in Norwich and looking to gain some experience by working alongside someone. I am happy to travel a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am not a plumber, I'm a customer looking to replace my existing Mira Go Power (Manual) shower and will hire a plumber to install it. I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find...
Replies
Views
Back