Search the forum,

Discuss Customer Called Me an IDIOT? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got of lightly then I got called the most ignorant person he had ever meet by some muppet the other month

C'mon Village, exactly why was this?

Her boiler (WB) was booked for service 2wks ago. I went there and serviced the boiler. Yesterday, I got a call from her: ''Is that Mr. Idiot? You know that boiler you serviced 2wks ago, it's now not working? I will like to let you know that the boiler was working ok till you came and serviced it. What have you done? Did you really know what you were doing''?

I asked her how long since the boiler stopped working? ONE week now, she said (at this point, I could hear her husband muttering in the background: 'I told you the bloke was an Idiot but you said not to judge a book by it's cover. Now see the mess he has left us in'.

Are you saying you haven't had any hot water or heating for a week? If so, why has it taken this long for you to contact me, I asked her?

Well, she said. The pilot light doesn't come on anymore on the boiler since you serviced it. To get any heating as it has been cold lately, we have to physically go to the boiler and press it. Before you serviced it, everything worked as per the programmed times. What have you done?

I tried to explain to her that from the information she is giving me, it looks like a control problem as opposed to a boiler fault, but she got angry by the minute.

Her boiler (WB) was booked for service 2wks ago. I went there and serviced the boiler. Yesterday, I got a call from her: ''Is that Mr. Idiot? You know that boiler you serviced 2wks ago, it's now not working? I will like to let you know that the boiler was working ok till you came and serviced it. What have you done? Did you really know what you were doing''?

I asked her how long since the boiler stopped working? ONE week now, she said (at this point, I could hear her husband muttering in the background: 'I told you the bloke was an Idiot but you said not to judge a book by it's cover. Now see the mess he has left us in'.

Are you saying you haven't had any hot water or heating for a week? If so, why has it taken this long for you to contact me, I asked her?

Well, she said. The pilot light doesn't come on anymore on the boiler since you serviced it. To get any heating as it has been cold lately, we have to physically go to the boiler and press it. Before you serviced it, everything worked as per the programmed times. What have you done?

I tried to explain to her that from the information she is giving me, it looks like a control problem as opposed to a boiler fault, but she got angry by the minute.

Was it met with a swift hang up?

Should of told her to get the matches out and relight the "pilot" haha

Was it met with a swift hang up?

NO. I went round there today. She wasn't in but her husband was. The minute I walked in through the door, he started ranting and raving? So I asked how all six of them could have gone a whole week without having a bath? ''Well, the pilot light doesn't come on as per programmed times, we do have hot water though, but for the neating, we have to turn the thermostat up to maximum, 30, before the heating will work. That was not the case before you serviced the boiler. It has always been on 20 and heating comes on as programmed, but now, we have to constantly go and touch it before it works.
I just explained to her that either the room was over 20 degrees hot or the thermostat was faulty. So I just changed the thermostat

Agreed mate. I'm a firm believer in you catch more flies with honey. I don't entertain these people anymore anyone being rude can do one. Politeness costs nothing

NO. I went round there today. She wasn't in but her husband was. The minute I walked in through the door, he started ranting and raving? So I asked how all six of them could have gone a whole week without having a bath? ''Well, the pilot light doesn't come on as per programmed times, we do have hot water though, but for the neating, we have to turn the thermostat up to maximum, 30, before the heating will work. That was not the case before you serviced the boiler. It has always been on 20 and heating comes on as programmed, but now, we have to constantly go and touch it before it works.
I just explained to her that either the room was over 20 degrees hot or the thermostat was faulty. So I just changed the thermostat
did he get it through his thick head eventually????

Agreed mate. I'm a firm believer in you catch more flies with honey. I don't entertain these people anymore anyone being rude can do one. Politeness costs nothing

I would of left straight away once he started ranting and raving,

I'd of simply said why didn't you ring me sooner and tell me that there was a problem before having a go, and I would of sorted it straight away, but now you can stay cold byeeee

thought flies liked pooh, bees like honey, as does Pooh :)

I have to take my hat off to you Mr Idiot, I'm not sure I would have kept my cool.

Lets do some basic stats here. There are about 24 million domestic gas boilers in the country. Assuming that half of them get serviced annually, thats 12 million services a year. If something else goes wrong with a system (say) every 5 years, that that will occur within 1 week of the service in one in every 260 services, or slightly over 46,000 times per year.

Now, there are about 120,000 registered gas engineers, but lots of them don't do boilers, lots more only do commercial or don't do servicing. So its statistically likely that every service engineer will get something like this happen to them most years.

You've just had yours for this year. :)

did he get it through his thick head eventually????

He did. Infact, as I was leaving, he asked how much the bill was so he could pay? I told him I don't know but will be sending the wife a text message with the bill. I just wanted to get out of there. And ofcourse, the burner light was their idea of a pilot light.

Sent her a text message later for a bill of £80. At 5pm, ehe sent me a text that payment has been made. I'm not so sure how I managed to keep calm with this one, honest

so I am really lucky then to have Keinbocks disease and a shattered wrist, if your calculations are correct Ray ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customer Called Me an IDIOT? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Anyone miss phone calls from potential customers? I'm looking to help 1 plumbing business answer their calls and take messages for free, in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've been trying to get hold of one of these for the last week or so for a customer. Almost every supplier that sells them don't have any at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a radiator which is unbalanced; I believe due to a missing outer part, please see the attached images. Is the missing part called a...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock