Search the forum,

Discuss cross over bends in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people see the pre made cross over fittings as acceptable to use?

If you like wasting 4/5 quid, use some scrap and practise
Bend a 90 first then keeping the same distance from the centre of the bend, pull your 2 kick s either side at the same angle, mark your former to be exact

Acceptable in who's opinion? I'd say it's fine if you really must but a pulled bend looks better.
That said the fitting are great for a tight space.

Make your mind up lol
Same answer - why waste money when you can make ya own and they look neater - plus you can tune the angles to suit the job

I actually think they are great! They are very tight bends and you could never use a bender to do them like that.
Ideal for pipes on show, especially 22mm.
But you must run pipes with suitable distance apart to suit the cross overs.
You call them full crossovers and half crossovers.

Sorry its a partial cross over I am meaning. If you try bending one how tight should u pull your first bend?

I actually think they are great! They are very tight bends and you could never use a bender to do them like that.
Ideal for pipes on show, especially 22mm.
But you must run pipes with suitable distance apart to suit the cross overs.
You call them full crossovers and half crossovers.

That's it the pipes are close so cant pull a tight enough partial cross over to pass over the over pipe. Thus why I am thinking of using a pre-made one seem tighter

I think they're great pal, whatever saves me time and hassle is being used, Less than ÂŁ2 for a 15mm full crossover and less than ÂŁ4 for a 22mm. I never pay anyway, the customer does.

Thanks it would be on the cold feed after it pieces in the kitchen sink and goes off to feed the rest of the house. Do they cause no problems with flow or anything?

I think they're great pal, whatever saves me time and hassle is being used, Less than ÂŁ2 for a 15mm full crossover and less than ÂŁ4 for a 22mm. I never pay anyway, the customer does.

two pushfitts and plastic pipe then!
sorted ;)

no in my opinion they look diy, cant you use a bender or is it to tight?

The pipes are right next to each over too talons together so its tight

if you have to, but i would use my bender before i use one of those

no in my opinion they look diy, cant you use a bender or is it to tight?

Cheeky ######! I must photograph some I did. I used them for years where they suited. They don't look DIY if soldered neat and pipes are tight. :smile:

The pipes are right next to each over too talons together so its tight

Sometimes you need to do 3 bends on bending machine (if pipes are not to be a very tight finish). By 3 bends I mean, do an offset to bring your pipe out in front of the other and then give it a 3rd bend in for to the tee branch.
If bending in between joists and pipes are very close to bend up to a tee branch - just bend a U shape and it can go past the pipe and back in to branch on the level. Much easier to solder also

Cheeky ######! I must photograph some I did. I used them for years where they suited. They don't look DIY if soldered neat and pipes are tight. :smile:

:D same as using 45 bends on anything less that 28mm

For me i'd never consider buying or using one, i'd rather pull the bend myself, and where not all perfect, I've had a few times where I've had to make another one because the first one didn't look quite right, but I have found most customers comment on how neat my pipe work is and know there paying for a good job, justifying the price a little more

Horses for courses. Pull a bend if possible - fewer joints, less chance of leaking, costs less, looks more professional. If there's no space, use a pre-formed fitting.

Don't get too hung up about it. At the end of the day if the pipework looks neat, does the job and doesn't leak, you've done what you came to do.

3 options 1. Buy one 2. Pull one 3. use 45s. cant use a bender use a spring !!

Last edited:
For a part crossover, if you can't bend it for some reason, you can put a kick (small bend, say 30 degrees) in the end of the pipe that is crossing over, solder a street elbow on the end and put that into the tee.

Support your local merchant.

Buy crossovers, or half-crossovers, or whatever.

Using your bender causes your manhood to shrink. And not a lot of people know that! :)

You cannot bend crossover pipes and make them tight bends like the soldered crossover fittings. No comparison.
If you have pipes neatly fairly close together and on show, like pipe drops to tees to 2 or more rads and especially with 22mm, crossovers will not stick out much at all.
Using a bender to do crossovers is okay inside a cupboard or boiler room or below floors etc, but just won't do for pipes with about less than 3" centre to centre and clipped out from wall just standard neat distance of what unextended plastic clips allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cross over bends in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock