Search the forum,

Discuss Corgi are still at it. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
For any of you who are regulars, you'll know that I'm living with my mother in law at the moment (have been for the last two months, while I do up our house).

Anyway, I fitted a new boiler for my mother in law back in 2006, and duly registered it with Corgi.

When I got home for my supper tonight, on the table was a letter from Corgi to my mother in law stating they could provide a service contract for her, looking after her boiler cheaper than BG.

I know we've mentioned this before, but this is the first time it's affected me so personally.

Sally (my mother in law) just laughed when I mentioned it, and said "you look after my boiler" but I can be sure that other clients would have defected.....

Makes me very, very angry.

I got the letter @ home yesterday as well, free carbon monoxide alarm if you sign up:hammer:

I have put boilers in for some customers that are landlords. I recently went to a job and the tenant said she had received letters from corgi . She gave me one of the letters stating the customer had a new boiler fitted on such and such a date and did they want a contract with corgi blah blah , goes to show they are using our data which is wrong:hammer:

Seems like everyone is after nicking our work now.One of my valued customers told me last week that they had signed up with the AA for boiler cover because it seemed like a good deal!

They won't stop until they've squeezed out all the small firms and one man bands. Then they can charge what they want.

i do work for corgi, never asked the customer how they signed up to the contract though. Dont agree with what they are doing if this is the case.

Ive been pesterd by CORGI to do contract work for them, knowing how they come by their work i have turned them down, even thougth i have very little work at the moment, I think its a matter of principal, if CORGI were not backstabing us all we might have a better work load! About the AA Ive heard that either CORGI or BG are involved with them ? dare say someone on here will know.

Got mine through the door the other day last chance to sign up for this offer, hum no ta

The AA have a very good deal.... not! You're only allowed 4 call outs a year apparently, nice to know when your heating breaks down and your on number 5...

I always recommend BG or whoever to customers where the parts are over a couple of hundred pounds as i know it is a lost leader and the firm will lose money on it and hopefully will come back to me for a new boiler

It's not the Corgi we are lead to belive but i think it's a scottish based company who purchased to right to use the Corgi logo and then purchased the data base, they constantly emailed me, then someone phoned me from Corgi? when i confronted them with this info he could'nt get off the phone fast enough and hasn't pestered me since, so now any customer asking me about this i tell them which tends to put them off, if we all did this they won't be around for long (on the lefflet it says the address is in scotland not bassingstoke) if i am wrong please let me know and i will remove my comments

No you're correct. Its a company called Green Installer Ltd based in Dunfermline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Corgi are still at it. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock