Discuss Conventional flue combi boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you get them? A customer wants to replace an old floor-standing Ideal Mexico boiler that's in a hallway cupboard and change over to a combi system. It's a flat with concrete floors, so moving the boiler location to an outside wall is going to be an expensive job.

Can you elaborate a bit?
How is the boiler flued at moment?

No everything is room sealed now. Atag do boilers with loads of different flueing options so have a look at them as they might do something that can go in.

I took a couple of pics, but it was ages ago when I first looked at this job. It's a third floor apartment (albeit top floor). I didn't look at where the flue terminated as I was only quoting to change their two bathrooms at the time.

I haven't posted photos on here before so this might be a FAIL...

mex.jpgmex2.jpg

Run the new flue where the old flue runs, but you need to be aware of what the old flue is made of.

Move the boiler position , there must be another option ,, flue looks asbestos ..

How far is the outside wall , as this boiler needs a air supply ,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Conventional flue combi boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What pipework changes are needed to replace a conventional open vented gravity boiler to a combi boiler ? Would toilet flush/cisterns need replacing ?
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
K
My conventional boiler needs to be replaced. One engineer suggested combi with an external pump because water pressure in my flat is low, the...
Replies
Views
J
Boiler broke over Xmas and needs replacing and I’m tempted to move away from our 1985 gravity fed system and get a combi as many other parts of...
Replies
Views
Jack Canfield
J
require my ng heat only 28kw floor standing glow-worm back flue boiler still working (25 years old) replacing with a suitable back flue ng heat...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock