Search the forum,

Discuss Controlling multiple boilers remotely. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manks

Hello everyone.

The situation is that we have about a dozen domestic boilers which we'd like to be able to control remotely - i.e. disable the timers on the boilers and have an external timer that we can dia into remotely either over a phone line or the Internet.

The application is this: We run a number of residential properties where the heating is via a single boiler servicing three or four flats. Unfortunately, the heating is often left on permanently - if the tenants get too hot they open the windows!

Any ideas please guys?

If you can't adjust the terms of their contract so they are liable for the bills, how about some thermostats that are not adjustable?

If you make up a nice little vented steel box for the thermostat & fix it to the wall with security screws, then the thermostat is not adjustable (or not to your average thicko tenant).

I guess you could get a digital stat & selectively drill the circuit board so the temperature adjusting switches are ineffective.
All the room thermostats in my house also have pins which can be set to limit the max temperature in individual rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Controlling multiple boilers remotely. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock