Search the forum,

Discuss Connection for parallel tap port in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Happy Sunday…first poster here so pls be gentle 😊

I have a Nuie Arvan ARV828 basin mixer tap which I am trying to connect H/C feeds to. The inlets are 1/2in BSP parallel threads.
The issue I have is I am wanting to properly seal the inlets with more than just PTFE/Fernox. However I cannot find a male coupler long enough to be able to use with an O ring to get a good seal. All standard male couplers are too short so don’t seal the O ring properly.

Any ideas as to what connection would work best here?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Image of the tap ports is attached.

Attachments

• 0B0E477C-D028-4AAA-B3DA-469B7A3F8307.jpeg
    0B0E477C-D028-4AAA-B3DA-469B7A3F8307.jpeg
    466.1 KB · Views: 23
I use loctite 55, it’s great and never have a problem.

You could use thread sealant eg loctite 577; but it’s quite expensive and loctite 55 is more useful for general use.

Are you saying it's designed for an o-ring at the bottom of each port - are they supplied?
Had that not been the case, I would have been sealing it on the outside surface with a fibre washer!

If so looks like you need at least 8 threads worth of depth.
There are extra length tank fittings, or this adapter:
though I don't know how the flat profile at the end will align with your o-ring !

Use a tapered male iron and just be mindful not to over tighten

Loctite 55 will do it as Shaun stated don't over tighten into the connection. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220918-154147.png
    Screenshot_20220918-154147.png
    390.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
You need ptfe or loctit 55

15-16 needed for ptfe

Reply to Connection for parallel tap port in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock