Discuss Conex Compression Fittings. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Velocette1966

Does anyone have any ideas as to the sourcing of Conex compression fittings for a 42mm waste pipe which comes from a victorian Belfast sink. We are short of just one cap nut and are reluctant to buy a whole straight coupling. I enclose a couple of pictures if this makes things clearer. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Attachments

• P1271213.jpg
    P1271213.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 48
  • P1271212.jpg
    P1271212.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 52
You mean your short a olive/ring, if so you should be able to get em from a good plumbers merchant

You mean your short a olive/ring, if so you should be able to get em from a good plumbers merchant

Thanks for the speedy reply, but it's the brass ring and the seal that we need. Someone must have one somewhere, don't they?

Does it have a metal ring?
The tapered nylon olive should be no problem to source. I used to have some but not sure.

It is indeed a tapered nylon olive,,and you are right,,getting one shouldn't be a problem. Its the threaded brass part thats being tricky to find.

It is indeed a tapered nylon olive,,and you are right,,getting one shouldn't be a problem. Its the threaded brass part thats being tricky to find.

Then you need a brass conex nut only?
I think the conex nuts on those traps are lighter, (not as deep). Someone will have some lying about. I will check what I have.

I have found a couple of conex nuts I had in a tin of old spare nuts. Look same as you need.
They have the conex name only on them & are approx 50mm diameter x 13mm depth.
If you think they are same, then p.m. me any address & I will post you one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Conex Compression Fittings. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Been in the garage having a practise with 3-part compression reducers on 10mm Speedfit pipe and it hasn’t gone particularly well and i wonder what...
Replies
Views
M
Hope this is in the right forum. We've a utility room radiator with 10mm pipework; fitted about 6 years ago it has a BOSS TRV which has failed...
Replies
Views
I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to work out the best approach to fitting valves to my new towel rail, but i just don’t have the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am hoping to get some advice on a small project I am working on at the moment. I have a lovely old victorian towel rail which I am...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
Hello all This is a new installation a friend of mine has just had completed in her cafe. She can't contact the plumber who did the job for some...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock