Discuss Concealed pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What would you class this as?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369761534.046328.jpg

Is it lead pipework? I'd probably be putting it down as AR but it's down to your own judgement really. You'd need to have a risk assessment of the situation, is it likely to be damaged?

NCS personally as its in Mortar with no protection.

any surface pipe work is liable to damage in the wrong circumstances. It's a shame they don't have another category 'pigs ear' as it would also suit that.

Last edited:
It's 8mm copper pipe feeding an ILFE in the adjacent fireplace. The only covering was carpet.
the dark material on the left is the tiled hearth.

Last edited:
Any signs of distress on the pipe? Corrosion,etc...?

I've AR it, for the unprotected pipework and no isolation anywhere in site, then!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i looked up the flue just for quick look, somebody has put I/2 a concrete flag balanced above the throat, questioned the client, a friend had decided to help because all the heat from the fire was going up the flue, so he had reduced the flue opening by I/2 and more heat( and fumes) went into the room.
this just pushed everything into ID.

good shout, id it is then, initial thoughts where AR as couldn't see if it was a soldered joint or compression going through the floor

I only id'd because of the partial blocking of the flue, I would have it AR otherwise

I've AR it, for the unprotected pipework and no isolation anywhere in site, then!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i looked up the flue just for quick look, somebody has put I/2 a concrete flag balanced above the throat, questioned the client, a friend had decided to help because all the heat from the fire was going up the flue, so he had reduced the flue opening by I/2 and more heat( and fumes) went into the room.
this just pushed everything into ID.

Hi Stani, after you ID it, where did you capped it off ? at the fire or before the exposed pipe ?

There was a cellar with enough access to cut right back and cap off before the exposed pipework.

I would also have said AR the pipe, the flue is RIDDOR though, the 'friend' could have killed them, and wants some form of dissuading him from interfering with flues etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Concealed pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a cloak room that has a width of 1035mm that I am wanting to put a combined concealed toilet and vanity in. I was looking at a 550mm...
Replies
Views
With a toilet fit to a concealed cistern vanity were the front panel slides up if you need access it at later date and fitting Is it advisable to...
Replies
Views
Has anyone got an idea what make concealed cistern this maybe? I need a new full valve for it. Thanks
Replies
Views
Are these connectors any good that come with the fluidmaster concealed cistern they seem to move still when tight. Thanks
Replies
Views
J
Any advice as to how to install a Dudley concealed cistern toilet lever? The pack has three nuts but no instructions as to where they go.
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock