Discuss Concealed pipework in bathrooms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mazzab4

Hi all, I am having trouble planning my bathroom with the main problem being related to the soil pipe. On entering, the facing wall has a sink to the left and a WC to the right. The WC and sink are attached to tiled boxing in which houses the soil pipe which runs from right to left horizontally concealed within the boxing in. I would love to have a wall hung vanity unit (sink) and a wall hung wc with a concealed cistern. This particular wall is an outside wall and not studded and contains an oblong shaped window close to the ceiling.

So the questions are can the soil pipe be moved into the cavity (pipe 110mm diameter I think) and can a concealed WC cistern be placed inside the cavity also ? If so what about access for repairs if all is tiled ?

Or do I build a false wall to the ceiling to house all this and have the concealed WC cistern in the loft for easy access t repairs of the cistern ? Bear in mind with this option it will reduce the size of room by at least 150 mm and hamper access into a planned walk in shower area giving about 500 mm access between sink and access area (between shower screen a wall to get in and out).

Not a lover of boxing in as you can tell ! :reddevil:

Any comments greatly appreciated. :yesnod:. Thanks.

Hi all, I am having trouble planning my bathroom with the main problem being related to the soil pipe. On entering, the facing wall has a sink to the left and a WC to the right. The WC and sink are attached to tiled boxing in which houses the soil pipe which runs from right to left horizontally concealed within the boxing in. I would love to have a wall hung vanity unit (sink) and a wall hung wc with a concealed cistern. This particular wall is an outside wall and not studded and contains an oblong shaped window close to the ceiling.

So the questions are can the soil pipe be moved into the cavity (pipe 110mm diameter I think) and can a concealed WC cistern be placed inside the cavity also ? If so what about access for repairs if all is tiled ?

Or do I build a false wall to the ceiling to house all this and have the concealed WC cistern in the loft for easy access t repairs of the cistern ? Bear in mind with this option it will reduce the size of room by at least 150 mm and hamper access into a planned walk in shower area giving about 500 mm access between sink and access area (between shower screen a wall to get in and out).

can you simplify or add pictures,you sound like a Tory MP

No way - you'd need to put up a stud wall to house the soil pipe & cistern (doesn't need to be full height though, then you can have a useful shelf on top of it).
Going into the cavity would cause all sorts of problems.

Hi all, I am having trouble planning my bathroom with the main problem being related to the soil pipe. On entering, the facing wall has a sink to the left and a WC to the right. The WC and sink are attached to tiled boxing in which houses the soil pipe which runs from right to left horizontally concealed within the boxing in. I would love to have a wall hung vanity unit (BASIN) and a wall hung wc with a concealed cistern. This particular wall is an outside wall and not studded and contains an oblong shaped window close to the ceiling.

Sorry pet hate sinks go in kitchens, basins are for washing in!!!!
Not a good idea to alter the inside skin of your house by inserting a soil pipe, it is likely to fall down, the house not the soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Concealed pipework in bathrooms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hello, we were misadvised on how much a Lusso Stone cistern could be cut down (by both the architects and Lusso). The bathroom has been plumbed /...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, have a leak in landing from upstairs bathroom. This only happens when sink taps are on, not shower or toilet . Think it is a boss...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back