Discuss Combining a wood burner with lpg boiler - ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no need to reinvent the wheel. Systems exist already that are proven and safe.

Pumps don’t use much electricity and nothing beats their ability to push heat around radiators.
However, if a log burner is installed on a floor level below rads, then carefully installed gravity circuits will work well.
A failing open zone valve is also a possibility

I actually like the simplicity of a gravity system. Makes sense on a solid fuel system on a compact house, so that you have heat even in a power cut.
The flow will constantly put air into radiators if pipes are wrongly teed off from primary flow pipe vertically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combining a wood burner with lpg boiler - ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
Hi All...thx for the help in advance. I have recently installed a wood burner with back boiler heating system. Set up with gravity rad and header...
Replies
Views
Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all great site, I've just moved house and am taking my wood stove boiler with me as it's only a couple of years old, it has 4 outlets on back...
Replies
Views
How a thermal store boiler works! I’ve got an old thermal store boiler and I’m trying to work out how it works. From what I understand the boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock