Discuss combi boiler plumbed as a system boiler advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
we often used a combi as a system boiler as they are often cheaper as the price wars ttend to focus on combis we would put the kitchen on the combi hot water side so always hot water there

we often used a combi as a system boiler as they are often cheaper as the price wars ttend to focus on combis we would put the kitchen on the combi hot water side so always hot water there

I have no problem with the combi being used in this way, its just that with the set up I,ve got, I have to wait till the tank/cylinder in the loft has warmed up before I get any hot water, I was trying to get an Idea of how a combi hot water supply compares with a system supply, its a two room, kitchen and bathroom, tenement property and I havent got into the loft yet to see how well the tank/cylinder is insulated, Is it possible to have the system checked for performance.

I have no problem with the combi being used in this way, its just that with the set up I,ve got, I have to wait till the tank/cylinder in the loft has warmed up before I get any hot water, I was trying to get an Idea of how a combi hot water supply compares with a system supply, its a two room, kitchen and bathroom, tenement property and I havent got into the loft yet to see how well the tank/cylinder is insulated, Is it possible to have the system checked for performance.

If you have no instant hot water and have to wait for your cylinder to warm up. then it looks like you have a system boiler which is not a combi boiler.

If you have no instant hot water and have to wait for your cylinder to warm up. then it looks like you have a system boiler which is not a combi boiler.

Or it could be that you have a combi with no instant water draw off. Neither case is anything to worry about unless later on you have a persistent demand for short term hot water when a combi would help. This might require a small amount of re-plumbing if your boiler is a combi.

What if the boiler is in the loft and you cant hook the DHW up to the kitchen (sensible option)
Does anyone just leave the DHW isolated under the boiler and let it just heat the cylinder?

No problem using a combi as a system boiler providing the DHW side of the combi is a water to water plate heat exchanger not a gas to water heat exchanger on a few dual heat exchanger models.

No problem using a combi as a system boiler providing the DHW side of the combi is a water to water plate heat exchanger not a gas to water heat exchanger on a few dual heat exchanger models.

what about the intergas one thats gas water and can be used as htg only

what about the intergas one thats gas water and can be used as htg only

Dual heat exchanger. will need water in the DHW side otherwise it could melt down. Best ask Intergas themselves. Will stand corrected if they say you can.

I'd be very surprised if you can't with an intergas as you can run them with the CH side empty.

i have never heard of this but what a great idea, do you need to do anything other than an s plan, ie wiring....to the" combi" or do you fit as per combi with the addition of s plan.. what about the diverter valve if the heating is calling and the hot water on the s plan side then someone opens a local tap off the combi side ?????
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi boiler plumbed as a system boiler advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock