Discuss Click Clack waste wont Click in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Khristyne

Hi all. I have a brand new click clack waste when it is pressed it goes up and down but wont click into place (whether it is inside the plug hole or when I have screwed it out). Can this be repaired. There appears to be a little screw in the brass coloured post and a spring inside. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance. Khris.

It can be repaired by retensioning the spring if it's the type that has a bolt/screw in the centre to allow for adjustment. A half turn clockwise is usually enough to tension it.
In my opinion, these wastes don't last and a normal waste with a nice chrome plug will outlast it many times over. I'd recommend that you change it, not a difficult job if you know what you are doing or get a plumber to do it for you.

My problem is that my click-clack waste won't stay down. I have looked inside the plug itself, and at the end of the brass rod that it screws onto, and there is no screw to adjust. Can anyone help please?

Shoshi

Possibly the ball baring type, if it's old it might have soap scup and dead skin caught up in it. Give the mechanism a good clean and try that if not it might be the baring has fallen out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Click Clack waste wont Click in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
i have unscrewed the small click clack stopper from the sink, it is one where the head is attached to the mechanism. i am finding it hard to...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock