Search the forum,

Discuss Cistern overflows to pan when the shower is running. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The toilet cistern overflows into the pan when the shower on the floor below is running. Why would this be?
They say the shower seems low on pressure recently. Again why would this be and what is the connection between the problems if there is one?

The toilet cistern overflows into the pan when the shower on the floor below is running. Why would this be?
They say the shower seems low on pressure recently. Again why would this be and what is the connection between the problems if there is one?

Interesting symptoms. Is the shower pumped? Is is a vented or unvented hot water system?

If it's just a mains-fed shower, my guess is that the toilet's float valve is borderline not sealing correctly due to low supply pressure. Running the shower reduces the pressure in the feed.

Make sure your stopcock is properly open (fully open and then close half a turn). Look for evidence of leaks (water meter turning when not water is being used). Attach a pressure gauge to a tap and check the pressure is normal for the area. Ask the neighbours if they have noticed reduced water pressure.

Seen that happening with an old Fluidmaster valve that started to constantly while the basin tap was opened.
It is a reduction of pressure and new valve is what I did

Reply to Cistern overflows to pan when the shower is running. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock