Discuss Cistern not flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevie1961

My parents cistern wasn't flushing, I took out the syphon and fitted a new one, exactly the same as the old one but it still will not work. From the look of the age of the cistern, this is not the first time this has been changed, the new and old syphons look quite small compared to the cistern... would this matter. I tried different positions for the level of flush i.e. 9L, 7L & 6L I don't know if this would make the cistern not flush either, can you please help

when you say it doesnt work do you mean its not flushing or its not flushing enough? you might need a taller syphon was there any holes in the syphon you need to plug of ? is it low level or close coupled

Perhaps a couple of pictures would help, of the old & new syphon. Because it is often the case that what you may think is a similar part is actually quite different. Also check that the new syphon has the diaphragm (large flexible plastic shaped item) intact.

it's a close coupled, the syphon doesn't seem to be working and that's the new one, I've tried plugging the different level as in the 6L, 7L and 9L holes but not seem to work. I'm going to put in the old Syphon with the new diaphragm spindle and washer as the old one worked before... here's hoping

Hav you tried removing the handle and just pulling the hook thingy straight up? Sometimes the handle will pull it at a funny angle rather than just straight up vertically.

Yes, i tried that and that's when I saw water coming out the top of the new syphon and I don't think that's right, I'm in the middle of changing it to the old syphon with the innards of the new one

Thanks for all your help.... it seems the new syphon had something wrong with it because the innards and the old syphon worked,
Thanks again for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cistern not flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock