Discuss Cistern lever: 3/8" bush means 17mm? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have bought a cistern lever that is described as having 3/8" bush According to the salesperson, the 3/8" refers to the diameter of the large white plastic threaded shaft which passes through the hole in the cistern.

But when I measure the diameter of this large white plastic threaded shaft, it is 17mm. 17mm is NOT 3/8 of an inch! 3/8" is 9mm.

So, what measurement does the 3/8 inch actually refer to?

Apparently most cisterns are made for 1/2" bsp thread on the lever, but Ideal Standard use 3/8".
As has been said, the imperial measurements relate to internal bore of the pipe, and the thread o/d's are as below:
if the actual hole in your cistern only measures 3/8" then neither of the standard sizes will fit!

IMG_0405.jpeg

Reply to Cistern lever: 3/8" bush means 17mm? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Hi All I need to replace a leaking tap (separate, not a monobloc). I notice screw fix do 3 sizes, 8mm, 9mm and 10.5mm, is this just the diameter...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock