Search the forum,

Discuss Chatroom now installed for you in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I've installed a basic chatroom. It's accessible via the arms (pub) and also by clicking Chatbox Full in the main blue menu (under the orange menu). I'm still testing it, so if it breaks something else it will have to go. No tears if that's the case please.

You need 30+ posts to use it. No swearing allowed in it as it is in view of members not in the arms. And no actual trade talk in there, just keep it to small talk - ask usual questions in usual forums etc.

Have fun. And no bullying of any sorts please. Report any offensive messages and we will ban the people commonly offending.

Friday and Saturday nights can be fun in chatrooms I've found. So if it looks busy in the day or during the week in the evenings, let's try get together at the weekend late on and share some music and post some jokes and generally have a bit of a laugh.

See how it goes for a few weeks and see if you get used to it.

Note that you can't access this via Tapatalk etc. You'll need to be on the phone's web browser (which it does work on most we've found), or on a computer - those things from back in t'day.

All the best. Be good.

Quick reminder!! - Report dodgy threads and posts please. We're picking them all up and sorting them all out. But they need to be reported first else we can't do anything!!

Just a suggestion, the chatbox seems to get lost at the top of the page, if it were pinned to the bottom of the browser window and visible all of the time (unless disabled) even in when in threads, activity stream etc. I'm sure it would see more use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chatroom now installed for you in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock