Search the forum,

Discuss Charlie Mullins on radio 2 this morning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
He was on Chris Evans show this morning as a heating expert!

best that he cold come up with was, " turn your boiler stat down"! That will make it cheaper to run.

not a bad tip, but why not go the whole hog and turn the blooming lot off. It's free then.:001_9898:

I laugh at these "expert" idiots coming on the radio to advise how to prevent leaks & freezing pipes. I remember one said that the heating oil freezes. :smile:
Another favourite line is, - "leave a tap dripping to prevent the pipe freezing"!
Also they tend to all say lagging pipes is the guaranteed way to prevent pipes icing up. Yea, right! Just a bit of Armaflex & the cold won't do any harm!

Edit - only realising who Charlie Mullins is now. Well he is an expert at advertising himself & making money! Got to respect him. Love their vans with plumbing related number plates. :smile:

Last edited:
boy done good, in my books, he can say what he wants, mind you it must have helped being London based, sooo many customers

Huge respect for the bloke. Anyone who becomes a millionaire from scratch deserves some praise, simple as that

Huge respect for the bloke. Anyone who becomes a millionaire from scratch deserves some praise, simple as that

i don't think becoming a millionaire from scratch is especially difficult. if it was then those who do so would usually be remarkable individuals and they are usually aren't. it's more the result of having a rare combination of attributes. most of which are fairly unadmirable/undesirable to have outside the field of making lots of money.

if all you want to do from morning to night is making a fortune and you're not an imbecile you'll likely get at least most way there eventually.

if all you want to do from morning to night is making a fortune and you're not an imbecile you'll likely get at least most way there eventually.

Well after trying for 52 years, I'm not there yet, so I must be an imbecile! :)

i don't think becoming a millionaire from scratch is especially difficult. if it was then those who do so would usually be remarkable individuals and they are usually aren't. it's more the result of having a rare combination of attributes. most of which are fairly unadmirable/undesirable to have outside the field of making lots of money.

Lol what are you on about becoming a millionaire isn't that difficult
Go on then show us how easy it is lmfao

I think what Watertight meant was that we are all too nice to become rich.

There is a point to that, and some of the rich people I know are not nice people. Its not universal though.

Lol what are you on about becoming a millionaire isn't that difficult
Go on then show us how easy it is lmfao

It would be difficult for me. Because I don't want it enough. And not wanting it enough is what those who don't achieve it have in common. Those who do - the usually obsessive, selfish, self-justifying, ruthless sort - they are sort of hard-wired to be that way. It's less a trial they go through then who they are. Or so it seems anyway.

That's why I said that if you want nothing else from morning to night other than to make a fortune, you'll probably get there (unless you're an imbecile.) I still think that makes sense.

There is a point to that, and some of the rich people I know are not nice people. Its not universal though.

Ive worked in a few people's houses for BG who have been filthy rich, I'd say about 10 homes. And I mean full on filthy millionaire rich. And they have all been arseholes :-(

maybe its just the way you have to be to amass such fortunes :-(

Ive worked in a few people's houses for BG who have been filthy rich, I'd say about 10 homes. And I mean full on filthy millionaire rich. And they have all been arseholes :-(

maybe its just the way you have to be to amass such fortunes :-(
I've done a fair bit around Esher , cobham and Virginia water and they're all super filthy rich places I'd say on the whole most of them have been nice . Can't think of one real plick

back in your cage thickie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Charlie Mullins on radio 2 this morning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock