Search the forum,

Discuss CH and HW not working together in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pcnewton

Hi All New to the forum and looking for some help.

Hoping someone can help. I have a Worcester ri15 condenser boiler that was in the home before we moved in over 3 years ago. We have just noticed, for some reason we cannot have the WH and CH selected at the same time as the rads stay cold. I have read that S systems priorities the HW, however I have had the WH and CH both selected together all day and still the rads are cold.

Both WH and CH work great independently just not together, this tells me the motorized valves are working?? any ideas??

Regards

Stephen

do you know what make your controller is? oh and welcome to the forums.

Steveb

Thanks for such a quick reply.

Its a acl Lifestyle model LP112

Right just turn heating on, on its own does the pump start/ turn on and boiler fire?

then try turning hot water on does the port valve open/ move to open

right with the LP112 you only have the option of having hot water and heating on at the same time, so it should do both at the same time. the controller might have failed in part, you could get a replacement and change it over to see it that does the trick. maybe get a 522 and go for independently controlled hot water and heating.

I can confirm that the heating turned on, on its own starts the pump and fires the boiler as its on now working.

Will have to try switching HW on in the morning and look at the port valve as all kids and wife asleep.

Am i looking at it moving to open or not? if not what do you believe is the problem?

Thanks again

I can confirm that the heating turned on, on its own starts the pump and fires the boiler as its on now working.

Will have to try switching HW on in the morning and look at the port valve as all kids and wife asleep.

Am i looking at it moving to open or not? if not what do you believe is the problem?

Thanks again

Yes depending on what make your port valves are you should see a and b with a lever / pointer this should move / either side of the port valve so be hot

If this is not the case turn them both off and try in reverse put hot water on, does boiler fire pump on etc then turn heating on does port valve move

If not would say controller has gone

Very easy to change simple as one off one on

Just seen that you posted twice before i replied.

Looking at the control i can have WH and CH on separately, in a on, off or timed setting.

Will look at the 552, if i went for the 552, do i just replace it on the metal pin back plate or does it need a complete rewire.

While i am here the wife was talking about the Hive set ups, if we went that route does it stop the need for a new 552 and do you rate the Hie set up?

Just seen that you posted twice before i replied.

Looking at the control i can have WH and CH on separately, in a on, off or timed setting.

Will look at the 552, if i went for the 552, do i just replace it on the metal pin back plate or does it need a complete rewire.

While i am here the wife was talking about the Hive set ups, if we went that route does it stop the need for a new 552 and do you rate the Hie set up?

Very easy to change two screws under neath unit/ bottom (don't need to undo all the way out just until slack ) lift off at bottom/ tilt towards you (warning the contacts exposed on back plate are live don't touch) unit should lift off

To put new one on locate the two tabs in the back plate in unit and tilt towards wall and tighten the two screws up in base

Hope this makes sense

All makes sense as has the unit off today, just making sure i could do a straight switch.

Thank you for all your help, will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH and HW not working together in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock