Discuss cast iron radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jps

Hi all

I am due to take out some old cast iron rads and want to know how easy it might be to take them apart on site for ease of handling.

As they are all damaged they have no salvage value.

I have read on other posts that there are different methods of joining the sections but how can you tell when there is years of paint on them.

What methods would I use to take them apart or is there one (not a sledge hammer please) that would suit all?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

jp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cast iron radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of programmable TRVs that would not look out of place on period cast iron radiators? Even finding regular TRVs is tricky, all...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm after a bit of advice about our church heating. We have a cast iron central heating system in the main church building that has...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping to gain some advice following encountering several issues which I'm struggling to determine the magnitude of in my central...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock