Search the forum,

Discuss Can't get a water tight seal water inlet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aaron Newman

I have found. Leak on my toilet inlet the plastic bit that mets the isolation valve so decided to change the valve. Problem is now I can't get a water tight seal form where the plastic meets the valve. I have done everything but no luck.

any ideas' flexible hose?

Nice new washer would do it. moisten to washer in your mouth for a few minutes before you fit it.

I put a new washer in, have to say did not wet it but still water every ware. I also had to cut the plastic a little as it was a little worn. Should I just replace the whole thing.

New fibre washer, bit of paste or a couple of wraps of ptfe. Not a fan of plastic to metal, thats why I like the brass shanked flow valves.

If it's bottom entry you need one of these...

Fluidmaster Brass Shank Bottom Entry Fill Valve | Fill & Flush Valves | NoLinkingToThis

Or this for side entry...

Fluidmaster Brass Shank Side Entry Fill Valve | Fill & Flush Valves | NoLinkingToThis

If we catch you even thinking about a flexi we'll turn up and lower the tone of the neighbourhood.......

Thanks for the help as only new on here. Do you think the lsx stuff will work as it seem more of a spurt rather thn a dribble (sort not best explained) also the inositol valve is not the normal type it come up a bit at the top but also unscrew which also leaks if not tight.

image.jpg

Thanks for the help as only new on here. Do you think the lsx stuff will work as it seem more of a spurt rather thn a dribble (sort not best explained) also the inositol valve is not the normal type it come up a bit at the top but also unscrew which also leaks if not tight.

Lol. Can I use that lsx stuff? Oh and it's not a normal isolation valve it's one with a longer top and that also unscrews which also leaks if not tight. Will post a pic of inside.

Remember what I said about flexis? Goes double for LSX.

It's a normal valve.The fluidmaster will easily fit.

Why did you undo it in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was leaking right through toceiling. With the fluid master does it have no ball cock thing?

That's a ball valve called Chem. I notice it has the supporting plastic bolt missing which can risk it levering & cracking someday. Either fit a brass female fitting ptfe taped onto the stem, or replace the whole valve. Chem are cheap as chips, but I would do as others said & use a brass shanked Fluidmaster or similar.

I forgot to say that I use flat rubber washers instead of the fibre ones.
They are for some of the plastic tap fittings (think Hepworth) but are identical size & will provide a good soft seal against the plastic stems & shouldn't rot like some fibre washers.

That's a ball valve called Chem. I notice it has the supporting plastic bolt missing which can risk it levering & cracking someday. Either fit a brass female fitting ptfe taped onto the stem, or replace the whole valve. Chem are cheap as chips, but I would do as others said & use a brass shanked Fluidmaster or similar.

bit confuesed, so I can just remove the old one and fit the fluid master one and all should be good. And it does not need the chem bit.

Thanks guys for the help, will get on it and let you know how I get on.

Jist tonlet you know plumber all in and perfect ont one leak :) thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can't get a water tight seal water inlet. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock