Search the forum,

Discuss Can Access Training be trusted for an NVQ level 2 plumbing qualification? in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2. Access training are offering an assessment package for £1500, which is competitive, but I am now nervous given the reviews I have seen on here. I am not looking for them to provide an employer for me to complete the portfolio with, as I already have a small business set up and have been doing small maintenance jobs locally for the last couple of months, just looking for them to support me with the assessments and maybe a bit of guidance on how to fill in the paperwork. I'm also doing 1 day a week of work experience with a local plumbing firm so I'm learning alongside more experienced plumbers.
What are people's thoughts? Can Access Training be trusted with this or should I be speaking to local collages?
Just a bit of background, I've always been practically minded and have been restoring houses in my spare time for a number of years alongside a career in process engineering (Piping and network design, heat calcs etc) and project management. Having been made redundant during the pandemic I decided to make a lifestyle change and formally train in plumbing.

Reply to Can Access Training be trusted for an NVQ level 2 plumbing qualification? in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock