Search the forum,

Discuss buffer tank, water layering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dancn

I’m fitting a 50kw boiler and buffer tank ( no coil),charged by laddomat 21. I’ve seen the benefits of the ladd and how it can layer the water in the buffer tank with a slow flow etc.. These are to be housed in a boiler room away from the house
However from the buffer tank I will have another pumped flow and return to the house for rads and dhw cylinder coil. With the increased water velocity, and likelyhood that return temps could be high, are there steps to take to stop the warmish water messing up the stratification in the buffertank. Possibly some type of thermostatic diverter to return warmer water to mid height tapping, and when it’s cooler to the bottom. I'm talking more so when the tank is at a cooling down/warming up stage.
thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL="http://www.esbe.eu/gb/products/?prodid=1556"]Try Here[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
There good valves and work great with a grundfos magna modulating pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to buffer tank, water layering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As part of deep house renovation, planning to install wet ufh on the ground floor, and radiators on upper floor. Two bathrooms will have both water based towel warmers and electric ufh, and need dual thermostat to separately control air temp (by running towel warmer) and floor temp. Need...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I should start off by stating that I'm not in the industry - I'm just a DIYer with a "what-if" idea. Hybrid systems and solar diverters are nothing new, but as far as I can see the current hybrid systems all require a change of boiler and I'm going to propose a system which could use...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and E tank. The ball valve has been checked and is working ok. The vent pipe from the hot water cylinder is not venting any water into the tank, and the...
Replies
Views
Having a chat with colleagues on this one to decide on best route. Existing 500L megaflo which does not provide sufficiant HW. Cold water entering cools the hot way too quickly and consequently the 500L is good for about half that. Coil is 54kw boiler is 80kw Cylinder options… The...
Replies
Views
Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have gleamed some great knowledge from this site, finally signed up as I cant find an exact answer to the below. I'm not a heating engineer, but an electrical...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock