Search the forum,

Discuss Britain versus american debt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

looks like japan is in serious debt !!! who do they owe this debt to but ??

I seen a documentary that its a bank in america that controls all the worlds money, and that every dollar that is made has debt already and that the debt owed is more than the money available in the world

if the banks can make money out of nothing then whats the problem ? make all the countries rich so they can build schools hospitals imrpove healthcare create jobs etc etc it aint rocket science but we seem to have this stupid system in place where now most countries seem to be in debt....debt to who ? what happens when they dont pay this debt ?? do they go bankrupt and then no one wants to be their pal ?

I used to trade on the stock market and stopped around 6 years ago when it looked dangerous to me. Sold everything 18 months ago and am itching to invest some again, but with each week going by it still looks more dangerous. Ireland, then Greece, then Portugal, now Spain. Tuesday's going to be a big day for the US.

One day, this money lending as got to burst some country properly and then I reckon we'll have a month or two of domino toppling.

Then I'll be happy to try some trading again.

Truly frightening figures at the moment.

Not sure but the FTSE's lost nearly 10% in the last fortnight. Still waiting to buy some shares in something. Gets more tempting as each day goes by.

all countries owe money, so who do they owe it to? i thought maybe china or russia but no they owe money aswel? if all countries are borrowing off each other billions and paying millions interest or should that be be trillions and billions, i wish i could have 1% of all transactions

I sometimes wonder if we'll see an implosion with all these loans.

In Lloyd's of London (the insurance market in that metal building) there was something called the LMX spiral and this nearly made the whole of Lloyd's bankrupt. (Not connected to Lloyds bank).

Oil rigs were/are insured for millions and millions. In Lloyd's the risk was shared by the underwriters. So the risk would be say up to $1m and shared by 10 underwriters (£100k each). After this claims for say $1m to $10m would be insured so more underwriters would take say $500k of risk each (say 20 underwriters = $10m of risk).

Then there would be another layer of risk up to say $50m, then another layer up to $100m and so on.

All this meant that most claims were under $1m so only a few underwriters were affected and they'd pay out their $100k or $75k if the claim was $750k.

So far, so good.

But many underwriters took more than 1 level of risk so would insure say the first layer (up to $1m) and a piece of another layer for example claims from $200m to $400m. Greed coming in here.

This was fine until Piper Alpha where the claim nearly wiped out a number of underwriters who had to pay out on each layer.

I can see the same sort of thing happening with world loans. All countries could start loaning more money than they actually have and when the world turns on one country to call in the loans it will affect most of the other countries.

Bit boring this, to be honest. Must get back to trying to identify my caterpillar I saw today.

FTSE down 3.5% today.

Making all those shares more tempting to buy. Still waiting though as there aren't enough people screaming yet. I find the best time to trade is when they all think the world is going to fall apart and, when I phone the stock broker and they think I'm bonkers as everyone's selling.

If you're wondering whether to dabble I'm thinking of one of the car insurance companies as there was that EU ruling saying that they could not discriminate against women and men (girls and boys). I can't see them wanting to drop premiums for men, so should be quite an income earner for them.

not really sure how stock market works to be honest DKIA, but after watching limitless last night its got me interested lol but its all gobbledeegoop to me

not really sure how stock market works to be honest DKIA, but after watching limitless last night its got me interested lol but its all gobbledeegoop to me

It's easy. Just pin up the share prices from a newspaper page, take a dart, stand back 5 metres, throw dart.

Phone up broker and buy £2k worth of the shares the dart landed on.

If you think this sounds risky stock market's probably not for you.

If you're interested - AND IN ALL HONESTY, believe it or not - this method is as good as many other methods for picking shares.

Buy when market is down, sell when you've made net profit of 10% or £200.

not really sure how it works though....

maybe i'm wrong but wouldnt buying shares in the renewables market be a smart investment??

my guess is it would prob be a safe long term investment if you had a lot of money but not something you would make a lot of money on short term as all the big renwable companies shares will already be expensive

The market is a long way from bottomed out, there will be a few increases to keep the misguided interested but the direction is down
If you want a plumbers tip, get into small silver and gold mining companies,cheap shares, always lag behind the physical spot price market and with the price of silver and gold going up ,it gives the small mines more incentive to get more out the ground, thus big profits to take and run

Puddles Plumbing ,heating and financial investment establishment
London, Paris and New Waltham

imho

ps pants go down as well as up,so try not to loss yours !!

Last edited by a moderator:
But where's all the money gone to is what i'd like to know........ or maybe not coz it'll just make me depressed :nonod:

It's not gone anywere,its there, money is debt ,you are thinking it has value, it has none, a great illusion

Think you mean were has all the wealth gone ,its still there in the hands of the few, were it has always been, we are just going through a giant mopping up exercise,to collect back the bits of wealth that seem to have slopped out of their bucket over the last decade and if they scoop up even more wealth while they are at it ,all the better

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you read the FT and Private Eye Puddle? (I wonder if it's something more like the Plumbing Echo?)

Two fantastic posts there and much more truth in there than most in the financial world would like to admit!

Now i really am depressed, you could have dressed your reply up a little to save me looking around for a sharp implement.:hanged:

that statement is very true, money is debt. Every dollar in circulation has debt there is more debt in the world than money its all a joke, this new system was only introduced in the 20th century so things need to change.

Doesn't every note promise to pay the bearer a sum and therefore is just an IOU. The only thing you can count on is things like gold.

Probably going to buy some shares in a company on Monday ...

Sounds daft with all this turmoil but it's about the best time to buy assuming you hit the bottom. I read earlier that Harvey Jones is thinking of buying now having missed two opportunities earlier in the year.

Reply to Britain versus american debt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Rad is only a few years old. Paint is flaking away at the top curved section and it looks like faint spots of rust where the rad is now bare.
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock