Discuss Bosch core drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Harryplumb

Anyone got any experience with the Bosch GSB 162 re? Looking for my first core drill.
Cheers

Looks like it might have to be the marcrist, have heard the Bosch clutch is a bit dodgy and Bosch have stopped making them? Anyone else heard this?

I was looking at the Bosch before I bought my core drill but also heard about the clutch so decided against it. Got the Sparky in the end and I'm more than happy with it and much less nickable than a Bosch or Makita.

I take comments with a pinch of salt though as the Sparky was slated a few times but there's nothing wrong with mine, some guys are too rough and don't know when to release trigger or pull back, instead just keep powering though until they wreck the motor.

I had the Sparky core drill aswell but the chuck kept loosening off when I was coring. I found the difference between the Marcrist & Sparky was immense. A core that used to take me half an hour with the sparky was less than 5 mins. But whatever suits your budget, if you were thinking of spending an equivalent amount I would go for the Marcrist but that's just me.

I will get the Marcrist when the Sparky is done and dusted but that will be years unless I loose it as I don't use it more than a couple of times a month but it does the job when I need it. :yes:

Ok, so it's going to be the marcrist. One more question for you all, does anyone use their core drill with a dust extractor? Does it make any difference?

Only thing about the Marcrist is that the handle is designed for steroid-fuelled mutant gorilla hands. It's a beast of a drill, but the handle is disgusting.

I've had my Marcrist for about 4 years now. I must have cored through hundreds of yards of anything i pointed it at. It has been severely abused to the point where i had to put gloves on to hold it as it was so hot and still i pushed it even when it was splashing the grease up the walls. It needs a service now as the clutch is getting a bit weak (it needs oil) but i can't find the time to part with it. It gets used every other day.
It is the best ÂŁ300 odds i ever spent on any tool.
Btw the handle fits my hands fine :lol:

I had mine a few months but had a problem with leaking oil, I called the rep and they picked it up, serviced it and delivered it within the week FOC. No hassle, no taking it back to where I bought it from either.
It is a bit heavy to begin with but you do get used to it. The handles ok with me, its about the same as my hilti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch core drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock