Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler pressure fluctuating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Julesp

Hello all,
We have a valiant ecotec condensing boiler on which the pressure is fluctuating and not sure how worried I should be? We took a radiator off the wall the other day for decorating and since then the boiler pressure drops very low when it is off (0.5) and gets really high when it comes on in the morning (3.2 at which point I panic and bleed a radiator!). It then continued working at between 2.2 and 2.5.
My question is, what to do next? Is it normal to have a high spike when it first comes on and is 0.5 is too low when it is off?(manual suggests should be between 1 and 2).
Any help/advice very gratefully received...

Sorry Jules. Can't give you advice on this, it's something you need a GSR for.

Whereabouts are you, one of the lads on here may be nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler pressure fluctuating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock