Discuss Boiler plus what you doing ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the customer really load comp via a learning programmable room stat for the OAPS , smart controls for others if top end maybe a Atag which has all of them .

Weather comp It works for heat pumps even better for gas boilers

non unless its suits the customer

Hello All,

I take it that We all know that the `Boiler Plus` additional Controls regulations only apply to Combi Boilers regarding the 4 specified options for additional Controls ?

Heat Only Boilers must be at least 92% efficient - that is the only specification that applies to that type of Boiler under the new `Boiler Plus` regulations.

With regard to `Controls` - Heat only Boilers obviously still require `Time & Temperature Control` and of course `Boiler Interlock` regarding the Controls - but apart from those they are NOT subject to any additional `Boiler Plus` regulations / specifications for additional Controls.

This has NOT been explained in most of the `Information` that has been recently published about Boiler Plus and because of that I am sure that there could be many Heating Engineers / Installers that don`t know the correct details.

I tried to attach a Graphic authored by the HHIC which shows this VERY Important point but I got a Forum Error Message.

An article about Boiler Plus from the `energy & utilities alliance` which quotes information from the Heating & Hot Water Information Council [HHIC] and explains the above and includes the Graphic that I mentioned is here:

Now’s the time – start telling customers about new boiler legislation.

I hope that this will help some future readers of this thread.

Regards,

Chris

EDIT: Here is a HHIC Consumers Guide to `Boiler Plus`:

The Heating and Hotwater Industry Council - press- HHIC launches consumer guide to new legislation for boiler installations which launches today

Chris

Last edited:
I will be offering the manufacturers own wireless control as an option to meet requirements. Will only offer weather comp to young customers with newish houses

customers think it's crazy to pay more money for very small saving that will possibly take the life of the boiler to recoup. Or even worse cost more overall.

Hello again,

Further to what I wrote about the new `Boiler Plus` Controls only applying to Combi Boilers:

Only 6 Days after the new `Boiler Plus` regulations coming into force [6th April] the Government department responsible - the `Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy` has written about their interest in a future `Boiler Plus Plus` - basically putting similar `Higher Efficiency Controls` specifications onto Heat only Boilers as well as the new / existing regulations for Combi`s.

As they wrote that they would be looking at the `Boiler Plus` regulations outcome in a Year`s time and again in 5 Years perhaps they should have waited until a Year had elapsed before bringing up `Boiler Plus Plus` ?

Here is a Link to the article in the Heating Ventilating & Plumbing online Magazine:

BEIS:

Regards,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler plus what you doing ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been to a customer today that has a 9 year old baxi duo tec40kw boiler,it runs 20 radiator that all work fine,they have 2 bathrooms and 1...
Replies
Views
P
Hi All, I have recently changed heating source to a heat pump and so I have had a new water cylinder installed (different internal element...
Replies
Views
Peter M
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock