Discuss Boiler hanging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

Got to fit a baxi duotec where a balanced flue boiler is. Is there any fire proof covered ply I can mount boiler onto. The house is a dive I don't want to be in there longer than I have to waiting for cement and bricks to set

am i missing something? why you putting fire proof ply in most boiler/people use normal 20mm ply

If it was me I'd block and foam the old hole. Goes off really quick. Raise the boiler up a tad to get fixings. Core new hole. Bobs your uncle, fannys your aunt!

If it was me I'd block and foam the old hole. Goes off really quick. Raise the boiler up a tad to get fixings. Core new hole. Bobs your uncle, fannys your aunt!

I normally do block up. But looking at job the top mounting holes will come right where the hole is and can't raise up as eaves. The house is disgusting dog crap in living room. Want out assp.

I normally do block up. But looking at job the top mounting holes will come right where the hole is and can't raise up as eaves. The house is disgusting dog crap in living room. Want out assp.

Go with ply and supalux. Even if baxi are ok with just ply if you're happier covering it then go for it. Shame you aren't down this way I've got sheets of both in the garage.

Not what I thought it was then.

Good man. I dread the weekly shout of "what's this"

Been there got the sordid single t-shirt

Got to fit a baxi duotec where a balanced flue boiler is. Is there any fire proof covered ply I can mount boiler onto. The house is a dive I don't want to be in there longer than I have to waiting for cement and bricks to set

When I've had to hang a boiler on ply or timber for one reason or another I've always just used plasterboard over the timber or ply to fireproof it just get a half sheet

Thermalite blocks & rapid set cement! You'll be hanging the new boiler in 20 minutes!

I have done the ply / fireboard thing, at least that way you can get a fixing on the ply where the old void was

I tend to cut a thermolite block with a saw with a wedge shape at one end, hammer into position gently and skim with a plaster and cement mix (poor mans rapid set cement) ready to hang boiler in 5 mins

As far as I am aware due to the lower temperatures of condensing boilers, they do not need to be hung on a fire resistant wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler hanging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back