Discuss Boiler constantly burning ??? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have just moved into a house that has a Worcester oil fired boiler, when powered up it burns constantly even when the heat setting is off and no hot water running, is this normal ?? Don’t know how old it is and waiting documents to be returned from the Soliciters to see what service history it has

Attachments

• IMG_6741.jpeg
    IMG_6741.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6740.jpeg
    IMG_6740.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 16
Could well be a motorised valve but there are other possibilities.
Looking at the grubby state of the boiler I would be looking for a competent oil service engineer.
Get it serviced and find problem at same time,
Yeh I agree it needs a clean up, the house has just had a refurb and the boiler got the thick of it I think 🤣 thanks for that 👍

Reply to Boiler constantly burning ??? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of...
Replies
Views
Back