Discuss Between a rock, a hardplace, loss of work and my parents lifetime friends.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy Bing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So guys, i went to one of my friends parents places today, radiators banging.
on inspection i found the worcester 24i junior green star lpg in the loft.

no pressure, expansion vessel flat (not busted) and prv jammed open.
managed to close that but will replace

heat exchanger "ribbing" like a baked bean tin as shown on previous threads.
filled it up and fired it and i could hear the heat exchanger pinging and popping.

i'm weighing up what to do due to cost wise of parts and time, silly place for the boiler ect ect

whats added another element of......awkwardness came up when i checked the paper work.

The install and services few were done by the guy who for a while helped train me.
Last service four months ago

i don't think its been maintained well at all....
the salt in the wound is i still sub to him and thats where a chunk of my work comes from still.

what to do :(
do i let him know, i know if i do it wont end well

At the same time i feel obliged to do the right thing by the owners.

For the moment ive left the boiler turned off

There's a ten year warranty on those kebab heat cells. Call worcester and pretend you never saw the paperwork. Job done.

I saw a ribbed heat cell a few weeks ago, was quoted 260 plus vat for a replacement! maybe let Worcester go to the boiler for a fixed price lol!

Or pump up vessel, change trv, flush or add boiler descaler...? Not sure if that would work tho.

your working and being paid by the people, your alliegence is to them really

There's a ten year warranty on those kebab heat cells. Call worcester and pretend you never saw the paperwork. Job done.

10 year warranty yes, but not if its sludged to hell surely lol?

Seriously? Could kiss you vt

Yeah man. Ten years. If they go all ribbed and stuff then they will replace free of charge. I can't remember what worcester told me but I'm sure if the heat cell goes all wrinkled and ribbed its faulty anyway, regardless of water quality in the system.

Just call call worcester and give them the boilers serial number and they will get an engineer round to fit it.

Ill pass on the kiss though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Between a rock, a hardplace, loss of work and my parents lifetime friends.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock