Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Best keyless chuck? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
After a keyless chuck for my SDS drill, are £5 ones just as good as any?

The cheap ones tend to fail quickly if you use them in a hammer drill.

I doubt if a 5 pound chuck would be any use at all.
Get an all metal Rohm or a fixtec

The cheap ones tend to fail quickly if you use them in a hammer drill.
I'll only be needing it for going through wood with flat bits and a hole saw kit so won't be using it on hammer. Just feeling a bit disappointed with 'leading quality brands' lately and don't want to waste my money if I can help it.

Think I'll try a cheap one and see how it goes, if it breaks then I'll check out the Rohm or Fixtec ones as mentioned by tamz.

Thanks for the replies. :)

Or a Jacob`s chuck if you can locate one regards turnpin;)

I can locate loads of them for sale, they supposed to be rare?

Not if you can locate them easily ... just found I`v used them in the past and found them a.o.k currently have a Bosch myself and as stated don`t use in hammer mode and should be fine regards turnpin;)

Cheap one I have not spot on true ,due to wobbly fit

OK unless doing fine stuff ( agree with Expensive-made in China syndrome )

( says no Hammer in instructions !)

Need to know urgently whether I need a 3/8" or 1/2" keyless chuck for my SDS Makita HR2470. Been all round the net and Makita's site but still can't find a definitive answer to this. My drill isn't here with me as I left it at the job, my MI's don't mention it and I need to get the right one first thing in the morning.

I know a few of you have the same drill so if you have a keyless chuck for it could you have a quick gander and let me know a.s.a.p please? Cheers!

Got a sudden case of the dumbs and can't figure out why it should be one and not the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best keyless chuck? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock