Discuss baxi solo 3 failing to relight in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dean.

hi all, I was at the above bolier tonight, it fires up for about 5 mins then cuts out, after about 30 seconds it trys to light but the inginter only sparks with no flames. it keeps trying to ingnite with no joy. There is 230 at the pilot solenoid orange and (blue), with no volts at the main solenoid. I was going to replace the piloit solenoid but wasnt sure as it does opperate at the begaining. Has any one came across this before, thanks.

yea its clear, the boiler works fine on first call, after 5 mins it goes out, then wont reingnite. switch the power off wait 10 mins and it will go through same sequance again,

yea its clear, the boiler works fine on first call, after 5 mins it goes out, then wont reingnite. switch the power off wait 10 mins and it will go through same sequance again,

As said before change pilot injector,over the years they get worn and too much gas wont establishe a suitable pilot.Sounds a bit way out i know,one of these caught me out before

Test the resistance over the connections on the solenoid. Can you light the pilot manually? Had to change a gas valve on one of these last night, but it was failing on main flame. Sometimes the PCB can be the cause though.

these boilers got a pilot but it dosent light first, the whole burner and pilot lights at once. it just goes to main flame straight away im sure..

thanks for the replys im learning towards pcb myshelf, im going back next week. so will let use know the cause then.

got back to that baxi today, checked pilot it seems fine and clear, the working pressure is fine, 19.5 at boiler, I had a new pcb installed but with no joy, the boiler still lights lasts about 3 mins then cuts out, the pump still runs then about 10 mins later boiler fires, only to cut out and repeat. thermistor and over heat or ok, i stood on the old board so at the min im £130 down and cant charge for a new part which has made no differance. any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi solo 3 failing to relight in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

AGC Fanfare range of Wa units Transformer 240v AC 1.2ohms Secondary Circuit AGC Fanfare range of Wa units Transformer 240v AC 20 ohms Primary...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Went to have a look at a Baxi Bermuda 50/5 inset fire today. customer saying it wont light, when i got there he had no MI, what...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock