Discuss Baxi relaunch Duotec 1 with 7 year warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

I'm posting this in the arms, because I am not sure that Baxi have gone public yet.

A little birdy tells me that the old Duotec 1 will be promoted from Feb - Dec 2013 with a 7 year warranty...

... but at the moment they don't have any stock!

wait , hold the front page what about there all singing best boiler in world EVER neta tec ?

If I were to draw a graph of our Baxi sales since the Mk1 Duotec was replaced with the GA ranges, it would look like a down-hill ski slope.

great news for Main and Ideal, who have hoovered up the old Baxi customers between them.

How sure are you about this Ray? Thats big news!

How sure are you about this Ray? Thats big news!

We heard about it informally. I phoned a senior contact at Baxi, who said "how the hell did you hear that? I was only told myself 2 days ago!"

He had stock figures and prices already to hand, so I am pretty confident its true. However, nothing is certain until the press release comes out.

Do you know roughly how much they are going to be with flue?

We heard about it informally. I phoned a senior contact at Baxi, who said "how the hell did you hear that? I was only told myself 2 days ago!"

He had stock figures and prices already to hand, so I am pretty confident its true. However, nothing is certain until the press release comes out.

LMAO....Mark Gasman posted something along these lines days ago, phonelines are jammed @ Baxi so understandable really.......compliants on Baxi GA

Do you know roughly how much they are going to be with flue?

At the moment, they are saying same price as GA.

LMAO....Mark Gasman posted something along these lines days ago, phonelines are jammed @ Baxi so understandable really.......compliants on Baxi GA

I must have missed that! Obviously Gas Man has the contacts!

It is confirmed - I have just spoken to their sales director, and he confirmed it. Still not on their website though.

At the moment, they are saying same price as GA.

I must have missed that! Obviously Gas Man has the contacts!

It is confirmed - I have just spoken to their sales director, and he confirmed it. Still not on their website though.
i knew last week LOL

i knew last week LOL

Weird. Our informal source was also an installer. When I phoned someone quite high up in the sales side, you would have thought I had uncovered a huge state secret!

The engineers grapevine?

Thats how it happens @ WB Ray

With WB though, its because they use their WIAs as beta testers for new products.

I reckon the conversation between Baxi sales and Baxi service went something like this:

Sales team: How much would it cost to put a 7 year warranty on a Duotec 1?

Service engineer: About the same as putting a 7 day warranty on a GA

Sales team: hmmmm. Interesting....

weird. Our informal source was also an installer. When i phoned someone quite high up in the sales side, you would have thought i had uncovered a huge state secret!

The engineers grapevine?
the rep rang me to say

With WB though, its because they use their WIAs as beta testers for new products.

I reckon the conversation between Baxi sales and Baxi service went something like this:

Sales team: How much would it cost to put a 7 year warranty on a Duotec 1?

Service engineer: About the same as putting a 7 day warranty on a GA

Sales team: hmmmm. Interesting....
there going to have far less call outs with the duotec 1 over the GA

Good to hear that Baxi are going back to a reliable bit of kit after the farce of the GA boilers

i got beat by british gas on a quote the other day as they offered a baxi with 10yr warranty!! luckily i did not want the job as it was too far away. was a client who put them onto me. but come on....10yrs!!! how can you compete. they were only 500 more notes than me so cheap

Are they not producing the neta then no more

Apparently they will continue with the Netatec because it is "selling like hot cakes on specification work".

Since we hardly supply any of that sort of work, I couldn't confirm or deny.

The funny thing is that back in December, we offered to buy a large quantity of Duotec 1s, enough to justify a production run. They turned it down because "that wasnt the way they saw their product line developing".

Amazing the difference that a few weeks (and a new sales director) makes innit?

Apparently they will continue with the Netatec because it is "selling like hot cakes on specification work".

The funny thing is that back in December, we offered to buy a large quantity of Duotec 1s, enough to justify a production run. They turned it down because "that wasnt the way they saw their product line developing".

Whats specification work ray?

Newbuild - housing association - MOD - universities - that sort of thing, where the boiler is specified by an idiot with a spreadsheet, rather than an idiot with a spanner.
site i worked on specified gledhill thermal stores pulsacoils nothing but trouble

also heard ultimate heating are now the sole distributors of the potterton gold,the duotec 1,s twin and have bought massive amounts of stock off baxi

also heard ultimate heating are now the sole distributors of the potterton gold,the duotec 1,s twin and have bought massive amounts of stock off baxi
You can add Titaniums to that by the amount what was in the back of a LWB. Sprinter on my drive, when he dropped me some column rads! Van full to top with them loads of 40 KW models too!

You can add Titaniums to that by the amount what was in the back of a LWB. Sprinter on my drive, when he dropped me some column rads! Van full to top with them loads of 40 KW models too!
titanium is a very good price,just dont suit me to fit 5 year warranty boilers if you catch my drift

think this is unfair though tbh,the gold is always cheaper than the duotec,so if independents cant buy the gold but only the duotec they cant compete on price,we try to support our local merchants but baxi make it very difficult to do so

titanium is a very good price,just dont suit me to fit 5 year warranty boilers if you catch my drift
I get it Mark, as you know I am a WB MAN, but those 40 kw Titaniums look great value, if they had a 7 year warranty it would make big problems for the main players!

I think that Alan Pierce (the man behind Ultimate, Mr Central Heating, Compass Heating etc) has had exclusivity on the titanium since it first came out, and has had the gold more or less to himself for some years.

Duotec 1 hasn't been exclusive, its just been difficult to get - but they are ramping up production again now. Alan's a nice guy, and I like the way he shakes the tree and challenges the nationals - a old fashioned entrepreneur. Hats off to him.

I think that Alan Pierce (the man behind Ultimate, Mr Central Heating, Compass Heating etc) has had exclusivity on the titanium since it first came out, and has had the gold more or less to himself for some years.

Duotec 1 hasn't been exclusive, its just been difficult to get - but they are ramping up production again now. Alan's a nice guy, and I like the way he shakes the tree and challenges the nationals - a old fashioned entrepreneur. Hats off to him.

Nice to hear Alan is ok Ray......he's been going some years now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi relaunch Duotec 1 with 7 year warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock