Discuss Baxi 133he WTF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been to a fault on a baxi 133he, after a few tests i i came to conclusion that the there was no spark being generated but had power going to electrode, so i removed electrode from boiler and tried again and bingo! sparked so after thinking it was shorting out i decided to take the burner chamber cover off and look for obstruction etc as customer complained of banging intermitantly.

when i removed the case this is the state i found the burner with a big hole in it!! and bit of debris around were the electrode should be,, after further looking the case had been off before and the seals have not been replaced,, also the boiler is fitted so poorly the outside case doesnt fit due a pipe being run down the side of the boiler. anyways boiler turned off!! and ID

has any one else had problems with thses delicate burners? or even changed one? i think so guy has had this apart to service the burner and not replaced seals etc as there is signs of slight water leaks around it from the condensation i would say and all in all a ****e installation!

gave the landlord a quote to rip it out and start again but i just no he will have it repaired and turned back on! some people boil my **** with there installations!

anyways back to the baxi anyone seen this before?

check the pic

baxiburner.jpg

When replacing the burner Remove sump underneath, clean and replace seals. Have seen sump clogged and push the seals out distorting the door

the burners are known to fail regularly,they sometimes melt the hex not one of baxi,s best creations IMHO

the sump underneath the burner? i thought the part would just come as a complete unit? yea not a great boiler is it gas man! :( hope they go for the replace and not the repair! lol

this is the only reason that it would be giving delayed ignition? it would of gone like this because something else causing it to have delayed ignition and damaging it?

and only lighting intermitantly aswell

Last edited:
the sump underneath the burner? i thought the part would just come as a complete unit? yea not a great boiler is it gas man! :( hope they go for the replace and not the repair! lol

this is the only reason that it would be giving delayed ignition? it would of gone like this because something else causing it to have delayed ignition and damaging it?

and only lighting intermitantly aswell
burners the main issue they are tat,check fga,s when a new one goes in but IMHO change it for something better

agreed im trying to push the replacement but you no what some people are like!

Sorry I call it a sump they call it the combustion box base, I know that the burners are crap and need replaced but with the heat it might have damaged the seals and so might have warped the door. I am just going on past experience. I hope that you get a replacement boiler. Just advise him that nothing can be guaranteed

I said I need to change the burner, and need to test to see if any other problems, do u mean removing the fan and the the bottom of the burner and change all the seals there also? I'm confused at exactly what bit you mean? Hopefully it won't matter and he will change it

Sorry cdoods yes that's what I meant,Just check the burner door when you put it back on at the bottom where the combustion bottom box is that the seals are not sticking out as that's what causes the door to be pushed out.

looks likes thats exactly whats haapend before i got there mate! talked the custard into replacing it, fitting a main ec030 sure they will be much happier with that :) then me messing around and this thing giving me more jip in the future! glad some customers take my advice over the cheap option even when i recomened against it!

Glad you got a boiler change out of it as it sounded like you could have ended up with a lemon of job. Bet you will check the seals if you get a job like that again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 133he WTF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone else come across this situation? I keep detecting products of combustion inside the casing of Ideal Logic boilers. I've replaced every...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Back