Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Banging water pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steviejmartin

Hello folks.need advice. My water pipes bang at irregular intervals day and night even when nothing's on.
been told to drain and refill the system but I think this is a cure for hammering. Don't think that's my problem.
been quoted around £15000 to rip out walls and fit new pipes.
i live in en ex council end terraced house with up and down stairs.built around late 1940s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Banging water pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone ;0 Iv just discovered this forum, looking through internet to find a solution to my small problem. So I just reopened, builders...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Had two pipes changed - one cold and one hot. The cold had a leak and the warm was punctured and about to leak so both were replaced - about 50cm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock