Discuss Backed up cubicles but not clogged? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all and thankyou in advance for any advice you can give.
There is a three cubicle run of toilets upstairs in the building I'm renovating. When you flush one toilet, waste would come up in the bottom of the others in the run. We had a drain unblocking service carried out, hi pressure hose, cctv check etc. There is no blockage, so I can only assume its something else. If you flush food colouring in any of the three toilets, the water in the bottom of the other two changes colour to match. Any thoughts?

Any explanation that isn't a blockage will be unusual. Could be a combination of a downstream partial blockage and incorrect venting.

What are the venting arrangements? Does the system connect to a public sewar or a septic tank? Did the camera survey get to an inspection chamber? Have you checked the falls etc., comply with regulations?

Try lifting the lid of the first downstream inspection chamber and see how that affects the behaviour. Have you checked the falls and pipe diameters comply with regulations?

Has the system ever worked properly?

It depends on where was surveyed with the cctv, manhole and sewer pipes only, then that will only show clear in those areas. Sounds like a blockage on the end of that pipe run/after the last wc, or the above suggestions.

Reply to Backed up cubicles but not clogged? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock