Discuss Automatic bleed valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F49h

Hi Guys N gals

Need some advice. I have fitted a new central heating system, because my house has concrete floors i have run the supply and return pipe in the loft (plastic 22mm) and dropped plastic 15mm pipes down to the radiators. Do i need to fit a auto bleed valve at the highest point of the system and if yes do i need to fit it on both the supply and return or will one do. I have fitted a magna clean type filter which has a bleed screw on it , would this be enough to bleed the air. I am using speed fit fittings.

Cheers

Confused . com

Hi Guys N gals

Need some advice. I have fitted a new central heating system, because my house has concrete floors i have run the supply and return pipe in the loft (plastic 22mm) and dropped plastic 15mm pipes down to the radiators. Do i need to fit a auto bleed valve at the highest point of the system and if yes do i need to fit it on both the supply and return or will one do. I have fitted a magna clean type filter which has a bleed screw on it , would this be enough to bleed the air. I am using speed fit fittings.

Cheers

Confused . com

is it a sealed system ? Do the pipes go up and then down? You will need them on both pipes but may not need automatic ones, once full its full

I'd surgest getting two 22/15/22 tee's lent on copper 2 iso valves then 2 manual air bleed,
Iso valve useful if they fail, also you can add inhibitor in the future if needed

I agree with plumben. If your fitting vents especially auto ones fit a lever valve underneath as they leak with age sometimes.

I went with the reducing T's and manual valves. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Automatic bleed valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m replacing my old Honeywell Smartfit system on a oil fired gravity-fed system in a bungalow. I’ve read conflicting advice on gravity fed...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock