Search the forum,

Discuss Arrow flow of water on valve query in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I have a question about what happens when the incoming mains water valve with the arrow on it has water flowing backwards rather than forwards. For example the arrow on the water stop valve is pointing left but the water coming in is going right instead of left, would this pose as a health concern at all?

Thank you for any information

No just might cause some noise and not recommend

Reply to Arrow flow of water on valve query in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled. I didn't do or change...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a question, I want my flat to be separately connected to the mains water supply for water coming into my kitchen and bathroom instead of sharing the same pipework as my neighbours. Is this doable and if so is it the water board who will carry this out or a plumber? My flat has shared...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a question and hope for some advice or information on the following many thanks; How long should tap water be left out at room temperature before drinking (how long is too long) How many times should you change the water in the kettle before boiling it, should you pour out...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock