Search the forum,

Discuss Are metric 28mm olives fine on imperial 1" copper? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
And used with 28mm compression?
Thanks

Yes. They are close enough & the old imperial 1" pipe is very fractionally wider, so that will mean the 28mm olive will be a nice tight fit.
One thing I should mention is you might find the modern brass nuts on the new fitting will be very tight in the 1" pipe. Especially cheap fittings. Conex are nice slack nuts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are metric 28mm olives fine on imperial 1" copper? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I’m moving from USA to the UK and with my tools is my Milwaukee ProPress gun. I am under the assumption that I will need to leave the 1/2” 3/4” and 1” jaws in USA and buy new 15, 22, 28 jaws in the UK unless someone here might know if the imperial jaws will press metric fittings too? Thanks in...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am in the process of renovating a property and have the floorboards up installing cabling etc, however it is the plumbing that I have to question and would like some advice if possible. The issue has been bugging me for ages as the house is my later fathers and I have always wondered...
Replies
Views
Hi have surplus water feed and return pipes in my home. I can't isolate them so will need to freeze. House built 1970's. They're as far as can tell Carbon/mild steel pipe, 28mm dia. Wish to cap them off. Can I use brass compression fittings? Like in the pic. Or do I need to use steel fixings...
Replies
Views
J
When connecting a plastic metric waste pipe from a bath to a metal imperial pipe in the wall is it standard practice to use denso tape on the outside of the join? Does it stop potential leaking or movement?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at 21.1mm) than it normally is. This means I've been unable to use the special 3/4 to 22mm compression fittings as the olive is just too loose...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock